Eau Claire County Humane Association In Eau Claire, WI

Address
3900 Old Town Hall Rd, Eau Claire, WI, USA, 54701
Ads
Telephone
715-839-4747
Fax
715-839-1664
Website
http://eccha.org
Eau Claire County Humane Association In Eau Claire, WI

The Eau Claire County Humane Association was organized in 1962 in response to a growing need to care for unwanted and abandoned animals. It was incorporated in 1968 and a board of directors was established. The first shelter was constructed in 1975 on Old Town Hall Road on land donated by Mrs. Pearl Sequin.

After 23 years of housing thousands of animals, the building was in great disrepair. In 1998 a capital campaign, "Operation New Home" received tremendous community support and raised approximately $675,000 to build a new shelter building. In early 1999, the 5,500 square foot building was completed, just down the road on that same land donated by Mrs. Sequin.

A volunteer board of directors establishes the policies and operational guidelines of the Association. A trained, dedicated staff operates the shelter and provides food, water, exercise and a clean environment for each animal. Community volunteers also help at the shelter in many ways, such as dog walking, animal socialization, cleaning, organizing and office work.

Over the years, the Eau Claire County Humane Association has saved the lives of countless animals through immediate care and treatment, and ultimately adoption. Because of the Association, these otherwise unwanted pets have found happy, loving home.